“How and where and why do I interest you? Does it begin at my skin and end at my touch? Does your curiosity peak at my thighs? Rest in the plunge of my cleavage? Is there a dollar amount attached to your intrigue? Does my intellect catch your attention? Will the parts of me not often seen scare you off? Can you withstand the rain of my tears? Will you walk with me through red carpets and green grass? Past the industry and into the real world? Do you want ALL of me? Good? Bad? Sassy? Serene? Sweet? Crazy? Quiet? Weak? Strong? Will you see and love it all? Because that is where my beauty is. Where the very best of me resides.”—Me.
Can we really do this? Can we pull this off? I am a woman of faith but some of the muck of life has dulled my lens, made it tough to see the world through the childlike lenses of possibility. Still, I want this to work. So it will.
“One day you will realize what you’ve really done - the beautiful bridge you’ve destroyed. But Love will never allow me to take pleasure in your epiphany. Instead, I’ll welcome you to the table of knowledge and we’ll share a toast to what could have been.”—JDW - Saturday, September 25, 2010 El Fin.
“Destiny, I feel, is also a relationship - a play between divine grace and willful self-effort. Half of it you have no control over; half of it is absolutely in your hands, and your actions will show measurable consequence. Man is neither entirely a puppet of the gods, nor is he entirely the captain of his own destiny; he’s a little bit of both. We gallop through our lives like circus performers balancing on two speeding side-by-side horses - one foot is on the horse called “fate,” the other on the horse called “free will.” And the question you have to ask everyday is - which horse is which? Which horse do I need to stop worrying about because it’s not under my control, and which do I need to steer with concentrated effort?”—
Just wanted to let you know, as a writer, I'm always grateful for people who can sum up an entire concept in a concise, blunt, yet well crafted way. Your statement about baggage is dead on. Thank you for sharing it. It's an excellent filter through which to examine the people in our lives.
I have seen how some of your photos have beautiful viginetting (bluriness) in the corners that give it an awesome vintage feel.
I have been looking for a camera that does that so bad! Which one do you use? Or do you just process the images in iPhoto to get the effect?
Thanks in advance.
Aww thanks. But it’s neither. Photoshop or an equiv can give you that effect. Good luck!
So (the adorable) @ErnestEstime asked for this post, so here goes…
What’s my type? Hmmm…Well you ask Chris Law he’d tell you that I have a very strict physical preference (SO not true). But I do have some things that catch my attention…
- Confidence: There’s a certain kind of confidence that I’m attracted to. I call it the ‘Hov Steeze’. This is a natural, self-assured, inner confidence that can’t be shaken. Because this is a family show, I’m not gonna go into detail on the source of this confidence…
- Humor: You HAVE to be able to make me laugh. And now-a-days I’m so jaded that I say ‘that’s funny’ rather than actually laugh. So if you can get a genuine chuckle out of me…
- Intelligence: Dumb cancels out fine every time.
- Strength: I’m…Strong-willed. And I’m hard-headed. And if I can run over you, I will NOT respect you. Now, don’t get it twisted, I’m spoiled. And you’re going to need to let me have my way on a few (almost every) things. But at the end of the day, know how and when to tell me no. I’ll respect it. I may not like it. I may not like you. But I’ll respect you.
- Stillness: I’m usually very wound up. Can you calm me? Can you shut me up? If not, keep it moving cause we’re just gonna drive each other crazy.
- Fresh: I can’t really describe this one, except to say: Lenny Kravitz. There’s something SO sexy about a man who is simply themselves, unapologetically, unforgivingly.
- Artistic: If I don’t create SOMETHING every single day of my life, I will die. Only another Creative understands that.
- Randomness: I’m very random. I can have more fun at the zoo than some red carpet situation.
- Sexy: I’m a visceral person. And I’m a sexual person. I have to want to walk into a room, say absolutely nothing and rip your pants open. It’s just that simple.
Now, about the things that catch my eye…
- Cute boys
- Cargo pants (don’t ask cause idk, I just love a cute boy in cargo pants)
- Tattoos (Well done tatts. Keep the prison/homemade shit)
- Close cuts (I HATE hair on dudes. We should NOT be able to share scrunci’s)